A Summertime Salsa Recipe From Weaver Barns!
It’s summertime – and that means it’s time for garden fresh tomatoes, peppers, onions and more. Here is a great salsa recipe to take advantage of summer’s bounty for the whole family.
This recipe combines the flavors of all that fresh produce along with just enough spices to create a magnificent chunky salsa that can be used for dipping with tortilla chips, or using as a topping on grilled chicken, salads, and more.
The best part of all – it only takes minutes to prepare!
And no worries if you don’t have a garden – you can find all of these simple ingredients at your local farmer’s market or grocery store to take advantage of that fresh taste.
10 roma tomatoes
2/3 cup onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup cilantro
the juice of 1 lime
1/2 tsp salt
1 jalapeno pepper, diced
1 poblano pepper, diced
(optional 1/2 tsp sugar)
1. Wash and dry the tomatoes. Cut them in half and squeeze out the juice and seeds. They don’t have to come completely out, as long as you get the majority your salsa won’t be too runny.
2. Place the tomatoes in a food processor. Pulse 4-6 times until the tomatoes reach a thick and chunky consistency.
3. Place all remaining ingredients into the food processor with the tomatoes.
4. Pulse 3-5 times until well combined, but still chunky.
5. Eat right away (it’s hard to resist), or place in the fridge for an hour to allow the flavors to meld even more. This can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Weaver Barns, because everyone needs a little structure in their life!
1696 State RT 39
Sugarcreek, Ohio 44681